From Truth Revolt:
The MailOnline reports that police in Molenbeek — a district known for spawning jihadis like the France and Brussels attackers — have pleaded with local Muslims for help in finding the terror suspects only to have their pleas rebuffed:
The seeds of the terror blasts that shook Europe were planted by a brotherhood of childhood friends who grew up just a few doors away from each other in a part of Brussels dubbed the ‘crucible of terror’.
Police following the trail of the terrorist murderers behind the atrocities in France and Belgium have repeatedly arrived at a single block of housing in Molenbeek, a district of Brussels known as a hotbed of jihadism.
The centre of the deadly network is the Abdeslam family home, a first floor apartment on Gemeenteplaats, behind the local police station – and just round the corner from the home of Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the brains behind the Paris attacks. Abaaoud, the linchpin of the terror cell, was killed in a furious shootout with police in Saint-Denis, Paris, in the aftermath of the November massacres. He has emerged as the group’s ringleader, along with Salah Abdeslam.
Brothers Salah and Brahim Abdeslam were involved in the carnage in Paris, in which Brahim, 31, was killed in a suicide attack on the Comptoir Voltaire restaurant. It is understood that Salah, 26, went on the run without detonating his suicide vest.
Salah, who is accused of making the bombs used in the attacks, was arrested last week round the corner from the family home in a frantic police raid after four months on the run. He is also thought to have been involved in the Brussels attacks with a ‘new network’ of fanatics.
Just a few doors down from the Abdeslam and Abaaoud apartments is the family home of Mohamed Abrini, 30, who drove the Abdeslam brothers to Paris to carry out the attacks and is accused of being involved with the Brussels plot. He remains at large, and police are desperately trying to track him down.
We must walk a careful line when it comes to finding terrorists, because its easy to justify unconstitutional measures — like NSA spying — to find these folks in the name of security.
Often times when the government is given greater authority under the guise of safety, that power is abused and turned on the very citizens it’s supposed to protect.
Anyway, if Muslims would cooperate, perhaps some of these measures wouldn’t be needed?
What are your thoughts?
Preceding article: Social media, sympathy & shocks
Please do find also related articles:
- Syrian but also Belgian connection to French attacks
- Live: Follow the latest developments here
- How will Paris cope?
- A new type of terrorism?
- Terrorism and fear stalk city
- Images of aftermath of shootings
- Eyewitness accounts from the scene
- How the terror attacks in Paris unfolded
- Paris Attacks: ISIS Claims Responsibility, France Vows ‘Merciless’ Response
- Paris attacks: ISIS claims responsibility for gunfire, blasts that killed 128 people
- Paris attacks darkening the world
- Attacks in Paris: Live Updates From France
- Paris attacks: police raid property in Belgium ‘linked to Isis assault’ – live
- Twitter: Paris attacks
- The latest news and opinion on the attacks across Paris on 13 November 2015
- A sleeper cell of militants was said directing attackers sent back to France from Islamic State’s de-facto capital in Raqqa, Syria
- Abdelhamid Abaaoud brain of Molenbeek’s network dismantled in their hideaway at Verviers
- March 22 2016, attacks in Brussels at airport and metro
- Daesh hits heart of Europe
- A Black day for Belgium – Brussels Airport ravage
- Knife-trust in democratic sore back
- Tears for Belgium
- For those who call the Brussels Airport attacks a fake or a conspiracy of the government
- What Associated Press released on Wednesday 23 March 2016
- Iranian media implicitly accuse Erdogan to have known of the Bruxelless attacks in advance
- Hard questions
- What we do
- U.S.A. President Barack Obama condemns the outrageous Brussels attacks
- A darker and stranger place
- Il terrorismo e lurlo di un bambino al buio
- Bruxelles ma belle
- Black box revelation un 23 mars 2016
- Het raadsel Salah Abdeslam
- Grunberg is nodeloos ongerust
- AD – Nederlander lichtgewond bij aanslag Brussel airport
- Brussel mijn thuis – de dag van de aanval
- Belangrijke onderbreking
- In tijden van gemeenschappelijk verdriet
- Overdenkingen: Hoe te reageren
- De getuigen bij Pauw zijn bekende uit dezelfde hoek
- Belgian Muslims Refusing to Aid Police in Finding Terrorists (youngcons.com)
- Column – The numbers say more Muslims mean more danger (blogs.news.com.au)
- Paris terror attacks mastermind captured alive in Belgium (israelmatzav.blogspot.com)
- Belgium is, again, fighting the enemy within (blogs.spectator.co.uk)
- Terrifying Report: At Least 90 ISIS Terrorists On The Loose Thanks To Open Borders (buzzpo.com)
- Donald Trump Warned Brussels About Muslim Terror On January 27th And NY Times Mocked Him For It (nowtheendbegins.com)
- Terror suspect detained in France already convicted in Belgium (deredactie.be)
- The Best Reporting on Europe’s Terrorism Threat (boiseweekly.com)
- Belgium Terror Attacks — News Updates March 24, 2016 (warnewsupdates.blogspot.com)
- Turkey deported Muslim terrorists back to Belgium (ivarfjeld.com)