The previous months I have been very busy writing (under different names) religious articles for other websites and working on a glossary (of Jewish terms) which had normally to be published in April (but because I had not finished it yet, being postponed until later) plus working at the same time on a translation of the Chamisja Choemsjee Torah to Dutch and on an other new Dutch Jewish Bible. That translation work demands lots of preparation, research, thought, energy and patience. For those interested in the work and wanting to see some previews, I advice to go to my religious sites and a.o. to the Jeshua-ists where you may find already some excerpts.
On the political front there is so much going on which goes against the grain with me, I can not wait any more to utter some reactions.
First of all there is the ‘Trump disease’ which may give a lot of people green hair, whilst others, like me preferred not to comment on his daily ‘bétises’ or stupidities. Every day we could write pages about the idiotic, sometimes even moron actions, endangering not only the American people but the whole world.
In the same line we find a similar character in not so much a bully but more a recognisable dictator, trying to control Europe from his home land Turkey where he managed to destroy all the good things Mustafa Kemal Atatürk had done in the past for that beautiful country.
The present ruling man in Turkey, who served as prime minister (2003–14) and since 2014 as president continues his oratory skills, from his high school days, in the cause of political and conservative Islam.
The Adalet ve Kalkınma Partisi; AKP managed already in the period of 2007-2008 to put many behind bars.
Instead of bringing the country in line with the European Union Erdoğan as a populist succeeds more and more to get people wild for his restricting and undemocratic ideas. though it can well be lots of people wave with Turkish flags and do as if they like Erdogan, because they are so afraid for countermeasures.
It is not clear if the coup on the night of July 15, 2016, might be something organised by the AKP itself to make itself stronger. Then the world could see how a small faction within the army attempted to launch a coup against the AKP-led government, deploying tanks and troops to the streets of Ankara and Istanbul and seizing facilities, including television stations and bridges. But very quickly people were called to come on the streets and very fast hundreds of people suddenly where ‘found’ to be against the State of Turkey and to be a danger for the nation.
In that Summer night nearly 300 people, mostly civilians, had been killed in confrontations. We can not resist to think the wide purge that took place after the (possibly orchestrated) coup, removing thousands of police, soldiers, and civil servants from their jobs over suspicions that they might have been sympathetic to the coup, must have been prepared long before the coup.
Anti-terror squads of local police departments have been incredibly busy, finding an abnormal high number of people who would be a danger for the nation. I even started wondering who would be teaching next school-year, most teachers having been put in jail. Also concerning what they shall learn at school I have doubts, it now having forbidden a.o. to teach that dinosaurs existed.
My feet are burning, seeing so much injustice going on, that I can not be quiet longer concerning certain political evolutions. Though I prefer still to spend most of the time with my religious matters I think it will not be bad to spend now and then also some time here at my own private page to stir up some person’s bile.
- Growing separation and problems in Turkey
- Unprecedented violence against protesters and social protest
- Mountains of information, disinformation and breaking away
- Darkest just before dawn
- From Guestwriters 2016 in review
- A genuine European Union to ensure welfare, security and democracy
- Nice attack, terror everywhere and coup attempt in Turkey
- Turkey: A dictatorship by any other name
- State of emergency and respect for human rights
- In the aftermath of the failed coup
- The Fairy Tale of “Post-Modern” Turkey
- Erdogan might emerge stronger from coup crisis
- Turkey Coup : Turkish authorities round up plotters
- Turkey’s 15 July coup attempt had nothing to do with America – Where’s the proof?
- Post-coup attempt
- Tayyip Erdogan powers in Turkey to be expanded by constitutional reform‘I don’t care if they call me dictator’: Turkey president Tayyip Erdogan
- ‘Turkey’s 9/11’: One Year Later, Turkish Embassy Uses Coup Anniversary to Target Gulen
- Leading the fight for freedom – in Turkey and elsewhere
- Turkey rolls out new school curriculum – without Darwin
- On the Exclusion of Evolution in the Updated Secondary School Biology Curriculum, Turkey
- Turkish crackdown continues: authorities investigating some 10,000 social media users
- Turkey from democracy to autocracy. How we lost a Middle East country with high level of democratic values
- in support of Turkish mathematicians
- Will there be a coup against Erdoğan in Turkey?
- Stop Trump’s Nuclear Threat: What we Can Do.
- NATO insiders suspect staged Turkey coup
- Why the 2018 Midterms Will Become the Most Important Voting Event in American History
- We’re more lost than we thought.
- Sarah Silverman Calls For Military Coup On Trump
- Former Obama Official Calls For Military Coup, Civil War Imminent!
- They want war: Leftists Call for Protesters to “Start Killing People” While Obama Official Demands “Military Coup” Against Trump
- Soros Insider Demands Military Overthrow Trump | Clifford Cunningham – Infowars
- Hollywood Calls For The Overthrow Of President Trump | Infowars
- Deranged! Ex-Obama official Rosa Brooks and comedian Sarah Silverman calls for military coup