In a game of cards, a trump is a playing card which belongs to the suit which has been chosen as trumps, trumps being the suit which is chosen to have the highest value in one particular game, outranking all other suits for the duration of a hand. It never can be known how long the game can be played.
Today the United States of America may also have a player of cards who likes to make a lot of noise, and thinking he has all the best cards of the game in his hands.
President Trump literally trumpets and tweets and rants and raves. The word “trump” according to the dictionary is to
“outrank or defeat someone or something, often in a highly public way.”
Hence the “trump” card is the card that defeats all others. Therefore the present president of the United States probably thinks he gets the better of (an adversary or competitor, for example) by using a crucial, often hidden resource.
It can also mean to
“declare as in a fanfare”
Doesn’t President TRUMP act exactly according to these meanings?!
The name “Donald” means “world ruler” and may remind people of the king of Scotland (1093–94; 1094–97) or may let us think of Godfrey Macdonald, hereditary chief of the Scottish Clan Donald and the treacherous slaughter of members of that clan of Glencoe by soldiers under Archibald Campbell, 10th earl of Argyll. Today we may find lots of people speaking about “The Donald”, 45th President of the United States of America, Donald Trump! And so we have a world ruler who is with great noise and fanfare publicly trying to outrank or defeat his opponents. And yet despite all this (perhaps as with many verbal bullies) his bark is much worse than his bite.
More than once the last few weeks he bluffed that he would learn the other states a good lesson that America is the greatest nation of all. More than once he boasted his nation had all the capacity to bring others to silence and he said he got his finger ready to push in the Red Button. Luckily he called off attacks on Iran sending very mixed signals to the regime. But his bragging is not as innocent or benign as some might think.
Please find also to read:
- The clean sweeper of the whole caboodle
- Dear Mr. President – A Response to the “Shithole Countries” Comment
- Trump’s rhetoric is infusing a culture of Anti-Semitism
- Signs of the times – “The US, Israel and the Golan Heights”
- What Steve Bannon really wants
- Donald Trump his America
- United in an open society relying not on command and control but on freedom
- American social perception, classes and fear mongering
- Any nation that isn’t a “client state” of the US is now “enemy”
- House of cards. #Goldendawnald #fascism #trumpism #gop #racism
- The Trump Diaries: Confronting New American Fascism
- Who’s Winning: The Trump Brand or the Progressive Brand?
- Mr. President, I Want Out of This Abusive Relationship
- “foolish to think that #Trumpism and Trumpistas are merely a produc…
- #biden emerged as ‘ally’ of #trumpism (on war, finance etc.)
- #trumpism distracts from much bigger crimes https://truthout.org/ar…
- #trumpism made a lot of people so sick that they turn to the real l…
- #trumpism isn’t new; what’s new is that it’s a rebrand and it’s fin…
- Cartoon – Deporting immigrants – who’s next?
- The Tweet storm: Beyond the tiki torches
- Trump administration files regulation that could dramatically limit asylum claims
- Trump’s military spectacle in DC is anything but patriotic.
- Bomb Iran? Pass. https://flaglerlive.com/138576/bomb-iran-pass-pt/ …
- Trump’s Instability Leaks Again! How Will He Wiggle Around it Again???
- How Ross Perot Helped Give Birth to Donald Trump’s MAGA Movement
- Rep. Amash Leaves Republican Party
- Waiting Room Conversations