To be honest, I never thought Donald Trump would ever reach the possibility to become president of the United Nation of America, the “greatest nation of the world”. Though, he promised the voters to make it “Great Again”!
I wonder what American themselves think about their 45th president and if they sincerely think he made America great again?!?
His attitude and his bullying was already a known negative factor before he was chosen. He did not find it necessary to bring any change in his way of life and in directing or controlling others. Most of all he would love to control the whole world and he clearly let others know he want to have his say in the way how they do things.
The Trump administration wanted to have a finger everywhere in the porridge and created a Middle East plan where daughter Ivanka Trump retweeted a tweet suggesting that only Iran and the Palestinians opposed the plan. Her father, showed the world he can play for God and swayed with the Bible to let the world know God is on his side. Following the Arab League step, and a meeting in Saudi Arabia, the 57-member Organization of Islamic Cooperation also unanimously rejected the plan.
The Big deal Trump promised Iran, his “maximum pressure” policy has all but eliminated the chance for some good U.S.-Iranian diplomacy in the months past and to come.
While many ordinary Iranians are suffering, the economy is not in total free fall, as many in Washington hoped for. Instead, the country has shown signs of economic recovery, with domestic production and employment increasing. According to Iran’s Central Bank chief Abdolnaser Hemmati, Iran’s nonoil gross domestic product grew by 1.1 percent last year. Prominent Iranian economist Saeed Laylaz also contends that Iran’s economy can weather the coronavirus pandemic and may experience growth this year despite the virus.
That coronavirus pandemic, or how Trump loved to call it the Chinese disease would be gone by Easter 2020 and would never reach that 100 000 infected people virologist warned for. He did not seem to be interested in securing the health of the American citizens, but was more interested to safeguard the economy.
The national tally of the disease that would never last past April (according to Mr. Trump), surpassed 50,000 cases per day just before Independence Day, and the U.S. smashed its record for daily cases on July 17 with more than 75,000 new incidents reported. Since then, new cases have flattened to about 65,000 per day as the outbreak’s growth has reached equilibrium in places such as Arizona. People should not be lulled into complacency, what their president and his party love to do, though, as the U.S. has seen a similar plateau before. The nation’s outbreak had grown exponentially during March, until settling into 20,000 to 30,000 new cases per day by the beginning of April.
Officially this made that by the 1st of August ‘only’ 60 817 new infections for that day were noticed, giving a total of 4,764,588 infected and 157,905 deaths. I wonder if the 2,363,165 who recovered would still be so happy with the measures or non-measures of their president.
That president wants his people to believe he has everything in control and his country has the greatest virologists and pharmaceutical companies who shall soon outperform the world with their amazing corona vaccines.
The stage of an epidemic is already long passed and in North and South America there are the deniers of this pandemic which brings casualties in all layers of the population.
The president wanted to postpone the elections, but he too should come to see that the United States enters the final months of the presidential election campaign, and that it has become time that the American awaken from their dream of their “America to become great again”, because their president managed more to make it smaller and worse, also more divided.
Most Americans seem more interested in their economic welfare instead of their health welfare. We would understand that they got by now preoccupied with the coronavirus pandemic, issues of racial injustice, and their own challenges in a collapsed economy with a dismal outlook, but the apparatus of the Trump administration might be more mighty than we in Europe might imagine.
For us Europeans, we had several moments we held our hand at our heart and were afraid this man of no reasonable thinking would endanger the whole world.
Most damaging to U.S. strategic interests and global stability is Trump’s complete mishandling of Iran, the Middle-East, Korea, Russia and China, where he has veered between mere transactional tactics and his desire for photo-ops with authoritarian strongmen. The relationship with his co-equal Putin may not clear yet, but who knows what shall come to light in fifty years time. The very large Phase One Deal with China, did not bring a solution for the frictions with China. It was said that by 2020, Trump’s trade wars could cost the global economy $700 billion, the International Monetary Fund estimates. More tariffs would have cost more still.
In Europe we saw several farmers who had hard times because of Trumps trade war. Clearly, the United States gained little from the self-destructive trade war that Trump had started and does not seem finished yet. His paranoic idea about China doing its espionage also by the very popular TikTok, a Chinese video-sharing social networking service owned by ByteDance, a Beijing-based internet technology company, shall bring us some soap episodes in the coming weeks. For most American viewers Fox keeps presenting a marvelous Trump world, where everything seems to be evolving as great as possible, though I am afraid is the U.S.A. would have this man for another term, this would bring America deeper and deeper in the bear pit.
Hopefully, there shall be enough Americans wanting to raise their voice and call others to wake up to change direction while it is still possible.
Trump’s slogan of America First in practice translates to America Alone. But Americans should know in this world of globalisation we all need each other, and we have to live on good terms with each other. We also should be aware that China is enormously growing, and if we are not careful it shall rise above all our heads.
The Trump administration has made no effort to find areas of cooperation with China, such as climate change, even as the United States challenges and confronts China on issues such as intellectual property theft, unfair trade practices, and control over the South China Sea. However, one should watch out for the man with the hidden agenda, who with Putin has his hands on the same stomach and shall be willing to please certain leaders in other countries to help him to get elected. (Give a little, take a little.)
Let the Americans not be blind for what happened with Russia in 2016 and that somehow Mr. Trump’s plea is still to be heard over there. We also know from former National Security Advisor John Bolton that Trump, at the June 2019 G-20 summit in Japan, pleaded with Xi to help him win re-election.
I am curious how many Americans now shall dare to question:
“Is it ever appropriate for the president or presidential candidate to accept or solicit foreign assistance of any kind in his or her election?”
Americans their eyes should open, and see what damage (more than good) this 45th president has done to the great nation. This man of grand words and lots of gestures, changing like the wind is like an uncontrollable illness or virus. He laughed away the Chinese disease as a whimsical little flue. Hopefully, more Americans do know better by now. Hopefully, they also shall have come to see that Donald Trump is like a virus the world better can avoid recurring. The Great Nation its recovery from the pandemic and the economic collapse is dependent on other countries for public health, for trade, and for peace and security. As November approaches, Trump’s disastrous lack of any coherent policy to advance U.S. interests and to keep Americans healthy, prosperous, and safe — as well as his still-accumulating string of failures — should be at the centre of the country’s debate.
Find also to remember
- Are United States of America citizens going to show their senses
- Some quotes Americans should remember when going to the ballot office
- 2016 in review Politics #1 Year of dissonance
- A busy 2017 #2 From hero to zero
- Does he really not know #1 Lies and money laundering
- Does he really not know #2 Casinos and inner circles
- A view in the past and a blusterer making me afraid to spend words on him
- To protect our democratic system #1 Danger of fake and malicious social media accounts
- Time to get out of the gridlock
- Donald Trump his America
- United in an open society relying not on command and control but on freedom
- American social perception, classes and fear mongering
- The man outranking the others having the trump card
- Trump’s main effort to crack down on “illegal immigration”
- 2019 was #1 a Year of Raising fire and voices
- 2019 was #2 a Year of much deceit in the U.S.A.
- 2019 was #3 a Year of much deceit in the News World
- United States of America once more showing how it wants to Distort Historical Facts and Truth
- Is it really true that Anti-Semitism will never be tolerated?
- Trump brand of migrant demonization #1
- Jews the next scapegoat for Donald Trump
- The American clouds of Anti-Semitism
- Trump has been buffetted by accusations of misconduct
- Fearmongering succeeded and got the bugaboo a victory
- Manipulated content on social media
- Voted against their system
- Who can tackle Donald Trump
- Incidents of hate have become commonplace in the U.S.A. anno 2017
- Trouble is coming to Bashan (Golan)
- The unseen enemy
- In denial, Donald Trump continues to insist that nothing serious is at hand and everything is in control
- According to Pew Most White Evangelicals Don’t Think COVID-19 is a Medical Crisis
- A president daring to use the Bible for underlining his hate speech
- Trump going over the top bringing a blasphemous act
- God Isn’t a Republican
- Max Lucado: I Had a Dream That Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump Reached a Truce
- Mountains of information, disinformation and breaking away
- Leaders in disguise
- American Christianity no longer resembles its Founder
- Blinded crying blue murder having being made afraid by a bugaboo
- The clean sweeper of the whole caboodle
- He Becomes a Fool Through His Endless Desire
- Looking at an American nightmare
- From Guestwriters 2016 in review
- A new decade, To open the eyes to get a right view
- A Progressive Call to Arms
- Added commentary to the posting A Progressive Call to Arms
- Russian involvement in US elections
- The twist of politics and expression
- Darkest just before dawn
- Christian fundamentalists feeding Into the Toxic Partisanship and driving countries into the Dark Ages… #1
- Christian fundamentalists feeding Into the Toxic Partisanship and driving countries into the Dark Ages… #2
- An American Embassy to the Eternal Capital of the Jewish people, Jerusalem
- Americans their stars, pretension, God, Allah and end of times signs #1 Abrahamic religions
- Americans their stars, pretension, God, Allah and end of times signs #2 War on God’s Plan, Name and title
- Americans their stars, pretension, God, Allah and end of times signs #2 War on God’s Plan, Name and title
- Today’s thought “Turning over the page” (December 31)
- Signs of the times – End of the Iran nuclear deal?
- A vibrant and inclusive movement within the American Jewish community
- Another Jewish Voice on Trump’s plan: No peace without equality and mutual respect
- Deal of the century or roadmap to apartheid?
- Deal or no deal
- Signs of the times – “A new deal with Russia?”
- Signs of the times – “The US, Israel and the Golan Heights”
- This fighting world, Zionism and Israel #1
- What Steve Bannon really wants
- Trump Dragging the Jews and Israel into the scrum, using both as one more weapon in his racist rants.
- Trump’s rhetoric is infusing a culture of Anti-Semitism
- The one that exploded the great American story that lay beneath it
- Shall the American again being put to the test
- Dear Mr. President – A Response to the “Shithole Countries” Comment
- The Trump clan declares itself a Kennedy-like dynasty
- Fascinating times to the Bible reader
- Signs of the Times – “A Middle East assassination”
- The Weight of History
- Francis Fukuyama and ‘The End of History?’
- Republican renomination of Trump to be held in private
- Coronavirus: Trump Administration Overspent On Ventilators By As Much As $500 Million – Democrats’ Report Says
- US President Donald Trump Will Soon Block TikTok
- Nicolais: Trump is losing it, but what he really fears is being a loser
- As Trump’s ban looms, Tik Tok sale uncertain – New Report
- Trump’s delay-the-election tweet was just a distraction
- Corona crisis: Trump turns: party conference in Florida canceled – politics
- Joe Biden to make his Vice Presidential pick this coming week
- NYT Compares Trump To Segregationist George Wallace
- Gossip: Trump-Ticktok War Goes Messier As China Company Rejects Ban
- The Mail Gaze
- GOP: Renomination of Trump to be held in private
- Of Bible Burning, BLM, Antifa, and the New Fascism
- Sunday News Roundup: Chicago Killings, Covid-19 Fraud and Biden Will Never Debate Trump
- Jesse Watters: ‘You Can Feel The Momentum Shift In The Presidential Race’
- The “Trump vaccine”
- Scarface Blames Donald Trump For U.S. Coronavirus Death Total
- Israeli Annexation in a Historical Perspective
- Everything We Suspected about Donald Trump Has Come True