In the years that Trump was president of the United States there were moments that lots of people looked very cautious about what that man would do in his rashness.
After the Cold War the threat of war did not seem to be over, and we could find ourselves in some perilous years when governments were thrown into confusion by
simultaneous and cascading events. The world has often seen great powers or nations banding together and using their increased strength to conquer and conquer other nations. In 2014 Nato Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen looking at Ukraine, said already that the Crimea afair was:
“The gravest threat to European security and stability since the end of the Cold War”
China’s mounting threats to Taiwan, the Russian troop build-up around Ukraine, the Russian troops in Kazakhstan, and the accelerating pace of the Iranian
nuclear programme may, without some extraordinary statecraft, all come to a head
and turn to war. It seems as if Putin‘s cat and mouse game of the last few years is becoming a real challenge to the West. Last few months, Putin made sure that the U.S.A. and E.U would come to see that the Moscow-led Collective Security Treaty Organisation (CSTO) is not dead and that allied countries Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, and Belarus are prepared to drive up the pressure at their borders with the NATO countries.
Two full-scale invasions, across the Russian-Ukrainian border and across the Taiwan straits, would stretch the western alliance system to breaking point.
The entanglement of Russia and China with the survival of the Iranian regime creates a
toxic brew. The withdrawal from Afghanistan has weakened the US.
Russia, China and Iran all sense weakness in the West and know that if they act together they could destabilise the West further and increase their own power. That is why 2022
has all the hallmarks of being a dangerous year.
The only threat the West has against Russia is more sanctions, but the EU knows it could cut in its own flesh, because we not only need the Russian gas and oil, but also need the previous Soviet countries for our export of fruit and other products.
The Russian ex-KGB agent, now leading dictator, is well aware of the advantages for him of military aggression being now greater than the costs. Russia is already threatening to stop pricing its oil exports in dollars which would hurt the US. For these reasons war in Ukraine is now “an odds on bet” according to military analysts. China and Iran could both use the focus on Ukraine to cause their own mayhem.
2022 could see key prophecies fulfilled.
We could see Russia finally take the final piece of Magog (eastern Ukraine) and at the same time could also see Iran launch attacks on Israel through its proxy armies (Hamas / Hezbollah).
Daniel 8:25 speaks about a demagogue who will cause deceit to prosper, and who will consider himself superior.
For taking the Crimea the troops of Russia used its own soldiers in disguise as mercenaries – so they were not uniformed Russian soldiers and therefore made it even harder to pin the blame on Putin. Vladimir Putin (wisely) used deception to win Crimea. No one was fooled by Putin’s guile, but it worked. Nobody thought that Putin would go further or would expand his power closer to the European Union. What happened in Kazakhstan should worry us. Kassym-Jomart Tokayev may give the West the blame for the unrest in his country, but perhaps were the peaceful protestors in Kazakhstan infiltrated by agitators from Tokayev’s own elite or from Russia befriended anarchists. The protest marches gave Putin a reason to come to help his political friend and to show the West he is prepared to come into action. Such military conflict is for him for personal profit even when an outsider to the conflict. This time, Putin does not need his mercenaries to be soldiers in disguise, the troops at the borders of Kazakhstan and Ukraine should be a warning for the West.
When taking the Bible prophesies into account, we can see Putin (Gog) would indeed be a master of deception and succeed in all he does. We can expect more deception – more promises of peace – but all the time, planning for war.
Biden on December 23, told reporters,
“I made clear to President Putin that if he makes any more moves, if he goes into Ukraine, we will have severe sanctions. We will increase our presence in Europe, with our NATO allies, and there will be a heavy price to pay for it.”
Biden promised the Ukrainian president his support for Ukraine.
We may not forget that Putin is already Russia’s longest-serving leader since Stalin, whose tyrannical rule lasted for 30 years, and has outlasted already four US presidents and four British prime ministers; and he is not planning to go away. In his head, he planned to rule Russia for longer than anyone since Peter the Great, who managed almost 43 years before his death in 1725. That he assured by constitutional amendments that were introduced in 2020 extending the limits of his terms, giving him the right to remain in office until 2036, by which time he will be 83.
When Boris Johnson was still the editor of the Spectator magazine, Putin was already rolling back democratic reforms by scrapping direct elections for regional governors. On New Year’s Eve he celebrated the 22nd anniversary of his ascent to power.
Putin shall not allow that his power would come undermined by countries not wanting to join his club of nations. He certainly would not accept Ukraine becoming a member of NATO. Therefore, he wants to unwind the tightening military, political, and economic relationships between Ukraine and the West. With a threat of military force he wants to compel the West to minimise its commitment to Ukraine and/or to eliminate the Ukrainian state’s capacity to obstruct Russia’s regional interests. The civil war in Ukraine, which has continued for almost eight years now, is far from over.
That country’s authorities are not going to take steps to resolve the conflict in Donbass based on the Minsk Package of Measures, for which there is no alternative.
says Sergey Lavrov, spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation.
When those allied forces with Russia feel secure, Putin will not hesitate to destroy many and take his stand against the Prince of princes.
Find also to read
- Russian take-over of Crimea (Our World) = Russian take-over of Crimea
- Swallowing up Crimea, who is next (Our World) = Swallowing up Crimea, who is next (Some View on the World)
- Christadelphian brothers and sisters in Ukraine
- CBM New Generation Day 17 March 2017
- Fight against nationalism main struggle for feminists today
- East Europe in 2017
- Signs of the times – “Ukraine under pressure”
- Russia reacting to attempts to break ‘strategic parity’
- Are we shambling into WWIII?
- President Joe Biden speaking to Russian President Vladimir Putin to expect a clarification about the troop build up at the Ukraine border
- Tensions increase along Ukrainian frontlines amid Russia conflict
- Belarus, Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine update
- Estonia 2021 update
- Russia not wanting it neighbours countries to cooperate with the West
- Risk of accidental war with Russia highest in decades, general warns
- Prepare for Russian invasion of Ukraine, US warns European allies
- Russia, Belarus, Ukraine and Russian troop movements
- A lot of talk about a war beginning soon
- If Russia chooses to fail to de-escalate
- Putin and Xi form a new axis against Nato
- Boris Johnson warns Putin against Ukraine invasion
- Looking at 2021 in a nutshell
- Almaty ablaze
- From a communist country to a capitalist dictatorship
- Ukraine would accept Russia’s annexation of Crimea as new reality
- The Ongoing Crisis in Ukraine
- The Border Crisis Is Just The Beginning
- March to War or Annexation?
- Russia Amassing 100,000 Troops At The Border Of Ukraine
- German Chancellor Merkel Demands Putin Pull Back Troops From Flashpoint Border As War Between Russia And Ukraine Seems Imminent
- US-Russia Dialogue Were “Positive”, Says Kremlin Amid Tensions Over Ukraine
- U.S.-Russia Talks Reach Murky Conclusion
- Russia-Ukraine Crisis: Should The US Interfere?
- Make Putin watch his back
- U.S. and NATO Threaten Russia If Troops Advance on Ukraine
- 01/10/22 Antiwar: Chief: NATO Prepared for New War in Europe Over Ukraine
- U.S. Senators Slam Moscow’s Demands, Back NATO Open Door Policy
- Russia not optimistic amid U.S. talks on Ukraine tensions, Kremlin says
- The Maidan Coup in Kazakhstan Fails
- The Uninvited Relative Who Just Won’t Leave
- …and American Media is Silent!
- Inside Biden’s secretive weapons shipment to Ukraine
- Yes, America, We Must Talk!
- Russia notes no progress on talks with US over Ukraine, NATO
- Russia holds tank drills near Ukraine
- (Geneva) Atlantic Council Report: Will this week’s three sets of negotiations between Russia and the US, NATO and OSCE relieve, defer, or exacerbate tensions over Putin’s saber-rattling near Ukraine and what the U.S regards as Moscow’s unacceptable security demands? #AceNewsDesk report
- The NATO-Russia council is back after more than two years. At the center of the talks Ukraine and security in Europe
- Nato could reinforce in eastern Europe if Ukraine attacked, Jens Stoltenberg says after Russia talks – Times of India
- What Does Putin Want and How Does He Plan to Get It?