©2013 Mark DavisContinued Reading:
The message in those pictures has been told in many different ways, but I like this one, so I would not mind sharing it with those who come along here. Many do not question what they hear on the wireless, but the Blogger God is one who they not trust, often because He points out to things where people have to think about, ... and thinking about something ... making your own opinion seems to be so weird and dangerous .... Lots of people prefer to stand at the site and just to be onlookers not having to respond to what is happening. The Creator of the universe demands of His creation personal interest and guts to come out; Some may say that Christians may not be involved in politics but they forget that does not mean that they have to let everything happen and do not have to have the pluck to do something in this world. Being a Christian is being a doer. Believing in the unseen, and trusting in the Word of the Omnipotent, willing to bring that Word further in the news and bringing out all over the world the Good News of the coming Kingdom of God. + Read also:
- A Living Faith #3 Faith put into action It is really quite easy to express a belief in something or a love for somebody but as the saying goes ‘actions speak louder than words’. + Our behaviour and deeds will show our true attitudes and feelings. We can often deceive ourselves and for a while we can deceive others, but God knows the heart, we cannot deceive Him! + Trying to amalgamate the shifting sands of human wisdom with the principles of scripture will only make a shipwreck of faith. The only way that faith can be developed is by wholeheartedly learning and then applying the Word to all aspects of our daily lives. Obeying what we describe as the ‘Commandments of Christ’.
- A call easy to understand English: Neges Gristnogol Ffair Cricieth - Criccieth Fair Christian Message Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. A message on the Christian bookshop at 813796 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)[/caption] "'Follow me' said the King." The call is so simple any child can understand it. Its meaning is so sublime that no philosopher, be he ever so clever, can exhaust the infinite meaning of the mystery — its genius.
- The Spiritually Dormant LifeWhat is this talking about to “sow to yourselves in righteousness”? The topic of sowing is simply about spreading seed. Farmers spread seeds with the intent to grow something from the seed and therefore to propagate one seed into more of the same and “sow” on (Pun intended). + We are to break up the fallow ground. We are to prepare it (our heart) for planting. We are to cleanse our hearts from all corrupt thoughts, lusts and desires – which are the weeds within our crops – and be of a broken and contrite spirit and be full of sorrow and shame when we think of them.
- Take Care Of Your Temple! God gave us all that we own, including our bodies. We don’t really own them – they are God’s. We are to be good stewards of what God has endowed us with or it can easily be taken away from us.
- True riches our Lord was greater and richer in every respect than King Solomon and all the other rich men past & present. As Yahweh’s only begotten son, our Lord Jesus had all the wealth of the earth available to Him but more importantly he had the True Riches from His God and Father, namely The Holy Spirit of God given to Him abundantly without measure.
- Followers with deepening However, every person who is a contestant must exercise self-control in everything. These run so that they might receive a corruptible crown. We run so that we might receive an incorruptible crown.
- What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits What shall I render unto the Lord for all His benefits toward me?
- Teach children the BibleWhen we start a family we do have to take in mind how we are going to lay out the path of the children. From the moment we realize God has given our next generation life, we should be thankful to God and pray for them.
- The Foundations: An Introduction to Intentional DiscipleshipDiscipleship is a lifestyle, lived out every day, moment by moment, choice by choice, day by day, relationship by relationship. I can’t make you into a disciple. I can’t make you into anything. My job is to simply set the table and invite you to eat. I can only say with the Psalmist, “Taste and see that the Lord is good…” (Psalm 34:8). The rest is up to the Spirit of God working in you, and your willingness to obey Him. + people like to know what to expect. Whether it’s a menu at a restaurant, a college course syllabus, a job description, or the introduction to a book, people like to know what’s coming. As much as we like to watch mystery shows, it’s the resolution that we are watching for – we want to know who did it, how they did it, and why they did it. + You can come to the table, and stay at the table forever, and gorge yourself… never leaving to use the energy that you’ve consumed, and be just that – a Christian consumer. – Or, you can come to the table, eat well, refuse the food the world offers, but instead tell others of the good food found at the table, and use the nourishment you’ve graciously received to serve God and others. That is a healthy life, and a life that will see blessing.
- Discipleship: A journey into vulnerabilityEverywhere we look we are bombarded with images of success, and success is constantly demanded of us. If you are not successful already, you should be striving for success. And the Christian faith is not immune from the success dream. Discipleship itself is more often than not packaged as a quest for “success”
- Discipleship way of life on the narrow way to everlasting life
- Gaining Christ, trusting Jehovah “Yea verily, and I count all things to be loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but refuse, that I may gain Christ, and be found in him, not having a righteousness of mine own, [even] that which is of the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith:” (Php 3:8-9 ASV)
- Acknowledge the majesty of the Lord’s reputation!
- Called ones escape And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of Jehovah shall be delivered; for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those that escape, as Jehovah hath said You can come to the table, and stay at the table forever, and gorge yourself… never leaving to use the energy that you’ve consumed, and be just that – a Christian consumer. – Or, you can come to the table, eat well, refuse the food the world offers, but instead tell others of the good food found at the table, and use the nourishment you’ve graciously received to serve God and others. That is a healthy life, and a life that will see blessing.
- Blaming their circumstances for what they areThe people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and, if they can't find them, make them.
The people who get on in this world are the people who get up
and look for the circumstances they want, and,
if they can't find them, make them.
- THE SOURCE OF EXTRAORDINARY - Feb. 10 (boyslumber.wordpress.com) Many people think that God can only use the extraordinary. They think that since they are ordinary then God cannot really use them. We need to remember that God does not search the world for special people that he can use. He is not scanning the world to and fro in hopes of finding the perfect combination of intellect and speaking ability so that He can bless that person in preaching His gospel. He does not have a list of assignments to the mission field that He is waiting for the right candidates to come along and fill.
- Avoiding Compromise (altruistico.wordpress.com) In order to stand firm against compromise, we must make God’s Word the standard for our conduct. If you begin each day with the Lord in His Word, He will guide your way.
- Abraham's journey: Faith Key for every Christian (kzlam36.wordpress.com) Reading Abraham’s journey by faith is indeed a very meaningful journey in itself. The watchman and class read and go through the same journey daily by faith. Everyday is a new experience. The Lord’s Spirit has opened the spiritual eyes of everyone who takes part in the reading as led by His Spirit.
- The Chiastic Structure of Missional Discipleship (timmybrister.com) God’s purpose is that His people who represent Him on earth–His character, His Ways, and His gospel. God has a plan to bring about His eternal purposes culminating in the glorification of His Son from every nation, tongue, and tribe. That plan is through the local church to proclaim the gospel of God which brings about the obedience of faith to those becoming like Christ in all things. God is the great Evangelist who plans salvation (Father), purchases salvation (Son), and personalizes salvation (Holy Spirit).
- A conversation about discipleship & living "the invested life": 10 minute video (flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com) In the Great Commission found in Matthew 28:18-20, our Lord Jesus Christ commanded us to go and “make disciples of all nations,” beginning with our own nation. Sadly, the American Church is experiencing an epic failure of discipleship. Most older believers are not spiritually investing in the lives of younger believers.
- Parable Purposes: Sowing Seeds (ptl2010.com) For three and a half years, and now for an additional forty days, these followers have sat under the Master’s teachings, and they still haven’t grasped the main point of why Jesus came.
- Discipleship with Stones & Rocks (practicalpages.wordpress.com)
- Prepare for the Harvest. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com) The sower will overtake the reaper. God‘s promised harvest is that sowing and reaping will happen at the same time. Souls and abundance to the saints is coming quicker than we can preach, or sow. Time is caught up in an accelerated process.
- Sowing and reaping (dailymedit.wordpress.com) Life is a cycle of sowing and reaping. You should be careful what you sow so that you might reap the right things. + Remember that what you sow is the word of God and not human opinion, not antagonism, not complains and murmurings, not criticism, not fault-finding, but the word of God. You are not supposed to sow rancor, or fighting, bitterness, un-forgiveness, divisions; you are sowing the word of God, injecting the people with the thoughts of God (Isaiah 55:8-9).
- Sowing, Reaping, Mothering (sheensteve.wordpress.com) plowing is by far the hardest task in farming, but it is also the most important. It is where the ground is prepared for sowing. In our children, this phase includes teaching them the basics and preparing their hearts to grow in a relationship with God. This also includes training, disciplining and teaching our kids to differentiate between right and wrong.