Yesterday night on several television stations there were debates about the terrorist acts of last weekend in Paris and about the hunt on them in France and Belgium.
It was good to hear several imams saying that those terrorists were not presentable for the Muslim community and probably are deranged minds of people who could not find themselves at home in their country of birth, Belgium and France, because their they were never received as Belgians or French but as Moroccans. Discrimination and poverty, political and economic marginalisation were mentioned as some of the reasons why so many young Belgian, French, Dutch and English Muslims are joining ISIS.
Muslim community leaders also delivered a ringing denunciation of the Islamic State (ISIS), warning members of their community in Belgium and in France that joining the jihadist group will only
“drag you to your death, to hellfire, because suicide and slaughter are not permitted in Islam.”
Yasser Laouti, spokesman for the Collective Against Islamophobia in France, said
“They killed Christians, Muslims and Jews indiscriminately.”
Looking for Abdelhamid Abaaoud, who had connection and friends in both Brussels and Paris, French police forces raided a number of apartments in Saint-Denis in the early hours of Wednesday morning. At least five officers suffered minor injuries in the raid, some after a female suicide bomber blew herself up as the armed officers raided an apartment in the suburb before dawn and another suspect was reportedly shot dead during a gun battle.
The massive police operation in the northern Paris suburb of Saint-Denis was to bring a halt to the suspected terror cell which may have been planning an attack on Paris’ business district.
A bill to extend France‘s state of emergency for three months is being presented to a Cabinet meeting in Paris. Francois Hollande initially brought in the measure for 12 days following Friday night’s attacks and Parliament must approve extending it.
The bill is to be debated in the Cabinet on Wednesday, the lower house on Thursday and at the Senate on Friday. It would extend some police powers of search and arrest and limits public gatherings, among other changes.
Read what happened this weekend in Paris: Brussels-born Salah Abdeslam key suspect Paris terrorist attacks
Syrian but also Belgian connection to French attacks
Refugee crisis, terrorist attacks and created fear
A sleeper cell of militants was said directing attackers sent back to France from Islamic State’s de-facto capital in Raqqa, Syria
Is ISIS a product of American in-action or a product of direct action
Brussels-born Salah Abdeslam key suspect Paris terrorist attacks
Syrian but also Belgian connection to French attacks
Public not informed enough about Jihad terrorism in Belgium
Islamic State pushing at an open door to divide Europeans
Juncker warns for possible new war
- Brussels-born Salah Abdeslam key suspect Paris terrorist attacks
- Paris attacks darkning the world
- Trump brand of migrant demonization #1
- Trump brand of migrant demonization #2
- Europe and much-vaunted bastions of multiculturalism becoming No God Zones
- Wrong ideas about religious terrorism
- State and attitude of certain people to blame for radicalisation
- The world Having to face a collective failure
- What we don’t say about the refugee crisis?
- Declaring a Jihad Against ISIS
- Propaganda war and ISIS
- Human Rights Leader Majed El Shafie Heads to Paris, Tells Israel HaYom that ‘Criticism is Not Islamophobia’ (prweb.com)
- Egypt buys 2 warships from France, 2nd big military purchase (abqjournal.com)
- Fearing Attacks, Nigerian Military Temporarily Bans Civilian Vehicles During Islamic Holiday (atlantablackstar.com)
- Moving vehicles banned in northern Nigeria for Eid (aljazeera.com)
- Le Pen To Stand Trial For “Inciting Racial Hatred” Due To Criticism of Muslims In France (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- France ready to bomb Syria ‘in self-defense’ – foreign minister (freedomportal.net)
- France to begin airstrikes in “self-defense” against ISIS in Syria (sott.net)
- France Ready to Bomb Syria ‘in Self-Defense’ – Foreign Minister (peoplestrusttoronto.wordpress.com)
- The Islamic State is facing a cash crunch in the Caliphate (unreportedtoday.com)
- FRANCE: ‘ Launches airstrikes in Syria ‘in coming weeks’ (acenewsservices.wordpress.com)
Pingback: Islamophobic hate crimes rise in UK following terror attacks | Marcus Ampe's Space
Pingback: Children of Men | From guestwriters
Pingback: Responses to Radical Muslims and Radical Christians | From guestwriters
Pingback: Before you blame All Muslims for the terrorist attack in Paris | From guestwriters
Pingback: Father Explaining Paris Attack To Young Son | From guestwriters
Pingback: A husband’s heartbreaking tribute to his wife killed in the Paris attacks | From guestwriters
Pingback: Solidarité: The Paris Attack and the Refugee Crisis | From guestwriters
Pingback: The Meaning of Paris | From guestwriters
Pingback: Belgian Bible Students review of 2015 | Belgian Biblestudents - Belgische Bijbelstudenten
Pingback: 2015 the year of ISIS | Belgian Biblestudents - Belgische Bijbelstudenten
Pingback: When will it stop | From guestwriters
Pingback: French showing to the whole world their fear and weakness | Stepping Toes
Pingback: Germany wanting to do something against racism – Some View on the World