It was good to hear several imams saying that those terrorists were not presentable for the Muslim community and probably are deranged minds of people who could not find themselves at home in their country of birth, Belgium and France, because their they were never received as Belgians or French but as Moroccans. Discrimination and poverty, political and economic marginalisation were mentioned as some of the reasons why so many young Belgian, French, Dutch and English Muslims are joining ISIS.
“drag you to your death, to hellfire, because suicide and slaughter are not permitted in Islam.”
Yasser Laouti, spokesman for the Collective Against Islamophobia in France, said
“They killed Christians, Muslims and Jews indiscriminately.”
Looking for Abdelhamid Abaaoud, who had connection and friends in both Brussels and Paris, French police forces raided a number of apartments in Saint-Denis in the early hours of Wednesday morning. At least five officers suffered minor injuries in the raid, some after a female suicide bomber blew herself up as the armed officers raided an apartment in the suburb before dawn and another suspect was reportedly shot dead during a gun battle.
The massive police operation in the northern Paris suburb of Saint-Denis was to bring a halt to the suspected terror cell which may have been planning an attack on Paris’ business district.
A bill to extend France‘s state of emergency for three months is being presented to a Cabinet meeting in Paris. Francois Hollande initially brought in the measure for 12 days following Friday night’s attacks and Parliament must approve extending it.
The bill is to be debated in the Cabinet on Wednesday, the lower house on Thursday and at the Senate on Friday. It would extend some police powers of search and arrest and limits public gatherings, among other changes.
Read what happened this weekend in Paris: Brussels-born Salah Abdeslam key suspect Paris terrorist attacks
- Brussels-born Salah Abdeslam key suspect Paris terrorist attacks
- Paris attacks darkning the world
- Trump brand of migrant demonization #1
- Trump brand of migrant demonization #2
- Europe and much-vaunted bastions of multiculturalism becoming No God Zones
- Wrong ideas about religious terrorism
- State and attitude of certain people to blame for radicalisation
- The world Having to face a collective failure
- What we don’t say about the refugee crisis?
- Declaring a Jihad Against ISIS
- Propaganda war and ISIS
- Human Rights Leader Majed El Shafie Heads to Paris, Tells Israel HaYom that ‘Criticism is Not Islamophobia’ (prweb.com)
- Egypt buys 2 warships from France, 2nd big military purchase (abqjournal.com)
- Fearing Attacks, Nigerian Military Temporarily Bans Civilian Vehicles During Islamic Holiday (atlantablackstar.com)
- Moving vehicles banned in northern Nigeria for Eid (aljazeera.com)
- Le Pen To Stand Trial For “Inciting Racial Hatred” Due To Criticism of Muslims In France (punditfromanotherplanet.com)
- France ready to bomb Syria ‘in self-defense’ – foreign minister (freedomportal.net)
- France to begin airstrikes in “self-defense” against ISIS in Syria (sott.net)
- France Ready to Bomb Syria ‘in Self-Defense’ – Foreign Minister (peoplestrusttoronto.wordpress.com)
- The Islamic State is facing a cash crunch in the Caliphate (unreportedtoday.com)
- FRANCE: ‘ Launches airstrikes in Syria ‘in coming weeks’ (acenewsservices.wordpress.com)