In 1993 I got my first Microsoft personal computer. Always having been interested in religion and matters of the world I started to search the net (in 1995) and to write down my own opinion in blogs and groups.
On the 10 of April 2004 I started with the Bijbelonderzoekers Groep (Bibleresearch Group) in the MSN Groups, to have a sibling blog added over there a year later. In 2005 on April the 2nd started the Christadelphian Group in the MSN Groups.
Then came in 2009-2010 the Change of the Microsoft Network Spaces, which made me transfer the Christadelphian and the Bijbelonderzoekers platforms to Multiply. For my ecclesia I also created a Google sites website, which I had to change over to the new Google sites in the previous academic year (it being split in four sites by language).
Normally I thought to select and transfer some articles from one of my Multiply sites and placed it for that reason on Blogspot by Blogger. Friday, 26 October 2012 I called people welcome at Christadelphian World, which had become to live its own life and a few years later (in 2014) got the name changed in “Our World“.
2020-2021 seemed to be a transit year for several companies in the blogger world. Google imposing their new sites, Blogger using their system and WordPress introducing their awful (horrible, unpractical) block editing system (Gutenberg block editor).
Whilst there was a corona-crisis, making more people being at home and having time to search the net, we got more questions from readers about life-matters. But we also came to notice that links to the blogger site “Our World” showed up very very slowly. I looked for solutions to have the bloggersite working again properly. I tried all sorts of advice, but to no avail. When clicking in articles on the tag words it took a lot of time before the list of articles showed up. That way readers would not stay to wait until the article being readable, I would lose lots of readers. Therefore, after not having found a satisfying solution I at last decided to transfer the messages made in Blogger to a new site in WordPress.
That way “Some view on the world” got “born”.
I sincerely hope the effort of transferring and remodelling shall turn out useful, and at the same time shall get some other readers also to come to read the previously published articles.
With this writing, I also invite you to come to read: Some view on the world
- Pleased to find Christadelphian World on the net
- 2010 Change of the Microsoft Network Spaces
- 2010: A move in Spaces
- 2010: Hello world!
- 2010 – 2014 in review
- 2011: New Flemish Site
- 2012: Transfer site opened to the public
- 2016: Notification and news feed for Facebook users
- 2016: New Christadelphian Forum
- Analytics for our Christadelphian websites – 2016
- 2017: Flemish Brethren site cleaned up
- 2018: Readers, likes and comments
- 2020 August: In case Blogger goes further with her new interface
- 2021 September: Our World on Blogger coming to its end
- Do you have a writer or presenter in you?
- When you think you have nothing to say or to show
- Well, Well, Well, I’m Back! Sort of…..
- What a Blog is to Me?
- Why Don’t You Start a Fashion Blog?
- WordPress Portfolio Beginning
- The Reason Why People “Like” But They Don’t Commen
- tThe Reason Why People “Like” But They Don’t Comment
- How to Find Your Book Blogger Flow and Enjoy Blogging Again.
- Why I Abandoned my Self-Hosted Blog and Returned to WordPress
- The Potpourri of Blogging Comments
- Keeping Your Audience Reading with Breathless Anticipation
- Copywriting 101: How to Create Words That Persuade and Sell
- How to Create Clickable Headlines
- 20 Ways to Skyrocket Your Reader Engagement
- 40 Little Changes to Your Business Blog (For Big Results)
- Blogging and Readability: Writing for the Web
- The Blogger List 2021
- Blogger Highlights II
- The Empathy Library
- The bittersweet taste of traditional publishing
- Kreativ blogger & Reader Appreciation Awards